Covid - 19 Update
Director's Letter—March 13, 2020
On March 12, 2020, Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham, the New Mexico Public Education Department and the New Mexico Department of Health announced that New Mexico K-12 public schools will close for three weeks beginning Monday, March 16, in response to the ongoing international novel coronavirus pandemic. The public closures will begin at the end of the school day today, Friday, March 13.
The administration at Piñon Hills Academy (PHA) and the Promiseland Child Development Center (PLCDC) have the desire to protect each of our students and families to the best of our ability, and we believe closing in alignment with the public-school systems will best serve our families.
Therefore, PHA and PLCDC will be closing after normal business hours today and extending for a minimum of 3 weeks. PHA students will have the capability of completing schoolwork online. Instructions for online schoolwork and/or additional assignments will be sent home with students today.
Please check this page for future updates related to COVID-19.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at the information provided below.
Director of Education
Health Update—March 13, 2020
• Piñon Hills Academy (PHA) and Promiseland Child Development Center (PLCDC) will be closing after normal business hours today, Friday, March 13, extending for a minimum of 3 weeks.
• PHA students will have the capability of completing schoolwork online. Instructions for online schoolwork and/or additional assignments will be sent home with students today.
• Starting on Monday, March 16, students may not be dropped off at PHA or PLCDC until further notice.
Health Update—March 12, 2020
• Currently, classes will continue as scheduled until further notice. This situation has been rapidly-developing, so please
check back to this web page for the latest updates.
• Our staff is working to create strategies related to COVID-19 to ensure prevention and responsibility. Preparation is not
the same as panic. While we are preparing, we are not panicking.
• We have a cleaning team actively sanitizing surfaces throughout our facilities, including the church, café, schools and offices.
• The church will move to online services starting Sunday, March 15, 2020, through at least Sunday, April 12, 2020. We will reassess as we go.
Piñon Hills Academy is part of the Southwest Academies School System.
5101 N. Dustin Avenue • Farmington, NM 87401 • 505.327.2395